Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Brand New Blogger

So I have to admit that it was a boost to my ego to have one follower of my blog before I created it - who, by the way, is NOT my mother! (Thanks Lynn!) But that does put some pressure on me to actually say something worth hearing.

I am HAPPY that after months of working it on it, my website is at least up and running, if not fully complete. It will be interesting to see the response to a site that is a little two-faced (quilting and painting). I am hopeful it will bring in some business so I can continue doing what I love: creating art with paint and fabric and working at Tiny Stitches quilt shop in Marietta, GA. http://www.tinystitches.com/

Current Project: Using Susan Breier's book It's A Wrap II in preparation for a class coming up at Tiny Stitches on April 19th & May 3rd. For more info: http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/calendar-event-view.asp?Shopper_id=6419471123336419&Store_id=667&page_Id=50&EventID=19243&year=2010&month=4
I am working to finish a child's purse and plan two other baskets before class starts - both for my daughter Hannah. The first is for her kitchen to hold fruit. (HINT: I got a plastic liner made to catch water under plants in the size I wanted for the basket. It will be the template I use as I make it and it will make cleaning a breeze! And since my daughter is like me I FULLY expect her to leave fruit to rot in the basket periodically! ) I will post pictures as I complete things.

Future Project: I am working to complete the pattern for the "Memories of Tuscany" apron, and following wise counsel, I'm working on a corresponding wall hanging too. I will be teaching the project on June 19th and July 5th: http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/stores_app/calendar-view.asp?Shopper_id=6419471123336419&Store_id=667&page_id=50&month=6&year=2010&calendarid=227

Turning on my sewing machine now!
Beth

3 comments:

  1. Nice site, Beth! Love the photo quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice site! Great photos!

    You might want to create a Facebook FAN page for your business also - it's different than your personal profile. I have a post on my computing blog, complete with screenshots, showing how to set it up. Check it out and if you decide to do it and have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

    http://pragmaticcomputing.wordpress.com/2010/03/20/creating-a-facebook-page/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! My niece Leslie has been doing it on top of a full time job, so hopefully she will be able to get the painting side completed soon.

    Great suggestion, Julie! Kiki read it and immediately went to work on the FB site. It is up and in process. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete